Monday, April 21, 2008

Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate!


Today we went to the Cadbury chocolate factory. The kids loved it. We made it home with about 15 chocolate bars!!!(as you can see in the picture!)


I didn't bring my camera because the literature said that you couldn't take pictures but come to find out that you just couldn't take pictures in the factory. Oh well, that just means we will have to go again!




They make you wear a hairnet and take off all of jewellery and watches and such. Bella had no problem with the hairnet but Charlie did. He kept crying every time I tried to put it on. Kelsey, our tour guide gave him an extra piece of chocolate if he put his hairnet on so he did... I didn't even let him eat the chocolate, he was happy just to hold it! What a good boy!




I took the kids by myself and you aren't aloud to bring strollers because there are so many stairs so I brought the backpack. When we got there I found out that I couldn't bring the backpack on the tour so I had to hold Charlie for an hour tour! You had to climb up and down four flights of stairs....Good thing I worked out yesterday!!




We got to go into the factories and see how chocolate was made and then the tour ended with a look into one of the silos where the chocolate is housed. Inside, we got to see the famous chocolate waterfall. It is one ton of chocolate falling down. It is kinda loud and Bella did not like that. She has very sensitive ears and then asked to go home. Good thing the tour was just about done.
Charlie loved that part. He called it the chocolate bath.

There busiest times are Easter and Christmas. This factory makes 4 million chocolate eggs at Easter time and that is just for New Zealand. In the last five years they got a machine that puts the foil on the eggs. Before that the factory workers had to foil the eggs by hand! How crazy! and boring!




Well, it was a super fun and tasty tour!

1 comment:

Barbara Elizabeth Rachel (just Be, to my friends) said...

That sounds like so much fun.
I need to hang out with charlie so I can eat his chocolates! love b.