Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend in Queenstown





We went to Queenstown this past weekend and had the best time. It was really nice to have a relaxing weekend. We left Friday morning and had a four hour drive ahead of us. The kids did really well in the car and we made it there about 3pm. It rained for the entire car ride but as soon as we got there the rain stopped and it was clear and beautiful for our whole trip!

The drive was gorgeous...it is winter here but the trees still have some color on them and it was just wonderful to see.

We stayed in an two bedroom apartment that overlooks Lake Wakatipu. The lake is surrounded by trees and then beyond that are mountains topped with snow, what a site. I found myself just staring out the window from time to time. Charlie loved the view too. He would look out the window and say"water, beautiful!" What a sweetie!

The first day we walked around the lake, had dinner and some of the best hot chocolate that I ever had! The kids loved walking around the lake and looking at the ducks. I am going to do a few separate postings so I can put in the most pictures that I can! so, stay tuned......

No comments: