Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bill's Big Jump...









On the way the Queenstown we saw a bridge where people bungee jump and I recognized it from an episode of the amazing race, which I am obsessed with! On the way home we saw it again and saw people out there jumping and decided to watch.


It is a huge operation and was fun to check out. I was watching with Bella and Bill was off with Charlie. He came over to me and said, "I checked it out and I could jump in 20min, is that o.k.?" I didn't know what to say, no was the first response that popped into my head but not the one out of my mouth and the next thing I knew, Bill was standing in a line on a bridge waiting to jump off!!!!


The kids really loved watching people jump, which scares me a little thinking of the future! I was praying and getting the camera ready waiting for Bill to go. I noticed that everyone stood there for a minute, looked over at everyone watching, stood for awhile longer and then jumped. So, I thought I had enough time to take still pictures of Bill then change my camera to video mode and take video of the big jump. Well apparently Bill is not like most people and didn't hesitate at all before doing a beautiful swan dive off of the bridge! (I did manage to get pictures and video, though)


After he dangled a while they lowered him into a boat and brought him back to shore. He said that it was really fun and it helped to have faith, doing something like that. I know it sure helped me watching him!!! Enjoy the video!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That is really fun!
Happy Mother's Day Rebekah

Barbara Elizabeth Rachel (just Be, to my friends) said...

Bill you are my hero - Big sister B

Unknown said...

Bill, you totally went for it-awesome!