Sunday, July 13, 2008

Charlie(and Bella) and the Chocolate Factory...






A couple months ago the kids and I took a tour of the Cadbury Chocolate Factory. Ever since, Bella talks about it a lot! She would tell my mom all about it, so of course, that was something my mom wanted to do while she was here.
The kids did really well on the tour. I was afraid that they would be bored because they have already heard everything but I was wrong.
One if the biggest differences, this time was that my kids know what chocolate is and so wanted to eat it the entire tour. On the tour you are given chocolate throughout, so that when the tour is over you walk away with 6-7 chocolate bars. I used to pride myself on the fact that my kids didn't know what chocolate was. Halloween candy could always be traded for healthy snacks because they had no idea what candy was. Boy am I in trouble now! Ever since the last tour they pick it out in grocery stores, gas stations and sometimes in our pantry...yikes!

At the end of the tour, we get to go into one of the three cadbury silos. Inside there is a dramatic chocolate waterfall. It is just for show, they don't use the chocolate in their candy. The waterfall is quite loud and last time Bella was afraid. So, this time I warned Bella beforehand so she could cover her ears. What I forgot to do, I guess, was warn Charlie because he was very scared and started screaming. I had to leave the room until the waterfall was turned off.

All in all, it was a really fun tour. The kids got to eat a little bit of chocolate and then we got rid of the rest!

No comments: